Our Brief History
Simply Fresh Events is a brand new company…with many years of experience. Though that sounds contradictory, it’s easily explained. Simply Fresh Events was created by two couples (Matt and Liz Phelan and Geoff and Jocelyn Barker) who, between them, have close to 50 years’ experience in catering and event planning in the Greater National Capital Area.
As 2015 began, the time seemed right to open their dream company. Matt assumed the role of President; Geoff, Director of Sales; Jocelyn, Senior Event Designer; and Liz, Director of Planning. By February 2015, Simply Fresh Events had begun to establish itself on the Internet through a website and several social media sites. Preliminary menus were developed with recipes emphasizing seasonally fresh products, locally sourced whenever possible. A comprehensive business plan was developed, and Simply Fresh joined the International Caterers Association to ensure that the company keeps up with the latest in catering and event-planning trends. In mid-March, Matt and Geoff came back with even more ideas for the business from Catersource, a large conference and trade show in Las Vegas. Shortly thereafter, Simply Fresh Events began booking its first clients.
What We Do
- We operate year round.
- We plan, stage and cater indoor and outdoor events.
- We serve corporate clients, non-profit groups, schools and government agencies as well as individuals.
- We handle events of all sizes: from 25 to 5,000.
- We handle formal events with the same ease as we handle casual ones.
- We bring our own grills to cook food on site whenever possible so that the food is as fresh and delicious as we can make it.
- We stage and cater events at indoor and outdoor venues throughout central Maryland, northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia. We also stage and cater events anywhere from company break rooms to parking lots to private backyards.
- We will make an event as “turnkey” as the client wishes. That means that clients may be as involved as they want to be in planning and carrying out the event. If the client wants, we can do everything – and we mean everything.
- We work with clients to help them develop a realistic budget for their events.
Our Mission Statement
Our goals at Simply Fresh Events are
- to be known throughout our service area for bringing value to our clients through delicious fresh food and meticulous yet creative planning;
- to deal with our clients, staff, vendors and suppliers in an honest and forthright manner; and
- to be known throughout Montgomery County, Md., for our commitment to giving back to the community through partnerships with local non-profit agencies.