Fresh Strawberry Jam Recipe
Strawberry Season Is Here!
At Simply Fresh we love fresh strawberries! Even more, we love sharing what we like to do with them. We talked with Chef Katie about what she enjoys making with fresh strawberries and her favorite thing to do: make jam with them!
We’re not going to cover the canning aspect of the jam making process, that is for another blog. However, we will give you a simple, yet, delicious recipe for using those freshly picked strawberries you just harvested!
What you will need:
2 Pounds of strawberries
¼ Cup of lemon juice
2 ½ Cups of white sugar
- Hull and rinse 2 pounds of strawberries.
- In a large bowl, mash those strawberries down until you have about 4 pounds of crushed berries and liquid.
- In a large sauce pan, mix in the crushed berries, sugar and lemon juice. On low heat, stir mixture until sugar is dissolved
- Increase heat to high and let strawberry mixture come to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir occasionally (so that it doesn’t burn on the bottom) until the mixture reaches 220 degrees F. This will take about 45 mins to an hour.
- Portion out mixture accordingly in your storage container of choice (i.e. sterilized canning jar) and let cool thoroughly in fridge.
We would love to hear your feedback!
Tags: buy local, Fresh produce, home-made, Simply Fresh Events