Summer Food Safety
It’s summertime in the Greater Washington D.C. area. If you’ve lived here for even one year, you know all too well that July and August (and sometimes September, too) mean hazy, hot and humid days. As outdoor catering specialists, our business depends on our strict attention to food safety. That’s why, at every event catered by Simply Fresh Events, there is a trained food safety manager on site at all times.
Food safety needs to be of concern to home cooks and party hosts as well. Suppose you don’t have a food safety manager in your backyard or at the local park? Where can you go to learn about food safety? Here’s a list of pertinent links.
- This FoodSafety.gov blog asks “What’s your summer food safety IQ?” in a quick, five-question online quiz.
- Medicine.net offers another food safety quiz to take online.
- The US Food and Drug Administration presents tips for eating outdoors and handling food safely.
- FoodSafety.gov also offers seasonal tips for summer and vacations. This one has some fun infographics your kids will enjoy.
- The Mayo Clinic “Nutrition-Wise Blog” presents its own Summer Food Safety Tips.
- And finally, the US Dept. of Agriculture offers Summer Food Safety Resources.
Tags: food safety, Home entertaining